Recent Posts

4.29.2013

Kids Clothes Week - Days 5, 6 and 7!



GOOD DAY!

I can't believe Kids Clothes Week is officially over!  What a whirlwind.   I'll do a recap post next week to show you in more detail what I whipped up!  :) 



Here's what I worked on the last few days of KCW!  
This is the ridiculously adorable Ballet Sweater from Heidi & Finn.

The cuteness!

Here it is hanging up, looking like weird pants: 



Emmy loves this sweater!  She just started gymnastics (squee!) so this will come in so handy on cool mornings when we head into the gym.  It's so great because it's a mock-wrap - easy on, easy off!  No fuss at'all.  I'll be making more of these, you can count on that!

This one is sewn in a space-dyed sweater knit, from where I can't recall!  I'm getting so bad at that, I need to start keeping better track of where I procure my fabs.  Yeah, me and fabric are so tight, we have nicknames for each other.  



Then, in between all the kids sewing, I snuck in a little selfish-sewing pattern test for Sew Much Ado!  Stay tuned for THAT action.  I wore this top all day yesterday, then to work today.  Yeah.  It's good.  



Then, since my serger was still loaded with grey thread from the sweater (lol), I opted to make ONE MORE Skater Dress!  This is number 4, people.  Here's one and two, and here's three.

This one is in a slinky grey knit, with neon yellow lightweight sweater knit binding:



This dress.  THIS. DRESS.  I can't say enough about it and it's designer, Amanda.
The Skater Dress is the dress for us.  Not frilly, yet still feminine; not hard to make, yet still great-looking.  Best dress ever.  



So that's a wrap!  I had so much fun participating in Kids Clothes Week this season, and I can't wait to do it again.  I was so much more productive just in knowing it was coming - I cut out so many things in preparation!  I've still got things to sew!  Ari has dubbed it Kids Clothes Millennium and I think that sounds about right! 


Come back tomorrow for another round-up of awesome LouBeeClothing sightings from around the interwebs!  SO thrilling to see them popping up!


Love to alllllllllll,

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. you know what, I think it must have been all the Doli tanks and this dress and such that had me making that lacey tank for Olivia with the thick bands, not normally my M.O. but I love it on her, definitely going to be more of that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ballet sweater is so sweet, I love it! Love all your grays...and that neon binding is so fun. KCW went nothing like I had expected, I think I...uh....choked. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute stuff, girl, and glad you're sneaking in some selfish sewing too! I need to make my little ballerina a sweater like that. It's ridiculously adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute. I'm so proud of you with your sewing! And can't wait to see what you made for yourself! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaayyy. I love grey, dude {yeh I saw what you wrote hahah} and grey with neon rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were soooo productive last week! I didn't really get any more done than usual, but I did blog a lot more haha.
    I love the grey skater dress. That pop of neon is just enough. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man you were busy! Love it all, especially the cute little sweater. Might have to make Ella one for dance class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the sweater! So sweet! And can't wait to see your tee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you find the neon? Cheers for girls clothing that is isn't smothered in glitter, sequins or a million shades of pink! You've elevated that skater dress pattern, wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love her so much. what a cutie PIE!!! And yes i have much love for gray. Gray is awesome! Oh and the ballet sweater hanging like legs totally made me laugh. Out loud, even ;-) xxoxoxooxxoxoxoox much love girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow I adore the ballet sweater. I can't wait until my baby girl is bigger so she can have one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and all.But think of if you added some great graphics or videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this site could undeniably be one of the best in its field. Superb blog! Also visit my website -
    designer kids clothes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...